Due to the current state of events, we are unable to run in person programming this summer at Camp Pa-Qua-Tuck. We are all crushed and heartbroken that we will not be able to implement all the plans we have worked so hard for since the end of last summer.
We know you were looking forward to coming back to camp and this wasn’t a decision that was made lightly. The state and the Department of Health have not given us the go ahead to have camp and we do not feel confident that we can keep everyone safe should we come together. All of these unknowns weigh very heavily on us and our priority is the health and safety of our campers, their families and our staff.
Now, more than ever, we realize we all need to rely on each other for support through these times. We’ve been keeping in touch with our families, our supporters, our staff and the community in the hopes of coming out of this even stronger than before. We know this is a loss we will need to grieve and come to terms with.
Please see this video link below that may help with dealing with the loss of not coming to camp this summer.
In light of not having in person camp this summer, we realized we still need to stay in touch and provide opportunities for meaningful connections. As I mentioned previously, our phoenix is our inspiration. We will come out of this bigger, and stronger than before. And that’s exactly what we plan to do this summer.
We’re very excited to announce that we will provide activities and programming all summer long on online platforms. There will be a special registration that will allow everyone to have a camp membership to everything we offer.
In the next week or so you will be able to sign up for this summer’s Camp Pa-Qua-Tuck QuaranTEAM!
Here’s What You Need to Know:
- the program will run from June 14th until September 6th with daily lessons every odd hour from 9am until 7pm
- staff will be running lessons and activities from all over the world!
- some activities are online, some of them you do outside or around your house
- this will help you take the guesswork out of what to do all summer long
- all lessons and activities are voluntary, you can join them or decide not to
- camp is open to anyone to join, you can be from anywhere and any age
- registration will be through CampDoc as soon as it’s available
- cost for membership for the entire summer is TBD. We are contemplating the costs for the summer and working on getting programming that will get approval from sponsoring agencies.
- everyone who signs up gets a special membership box delivered to their home that includes a 2020 camp t-shirt and accessible cloth mask along with some surprises.
- all who sign up get priority registration for next summer and our weekend camp programs this fall, winter and spring
- if and when it’s safe to do so, members will be allowed to come to camp for special activities
- there will be parent/caregiver and sibling support group meetings included
- while this isn’t camp as we know it, it’s still going to be something to keep you all connected and the spirit of Camp Pa-Qua-Tuck alive
- there will be social activities that will allow for all of us to meet new people and make more meaningful connections that wouldn’t have been possible before
- we have an all-star line up of guests and performers that can’t wait to meet all of you.
- opportunities will be provided to those who want to volunteer as staff or partner with us this summer
Remember, we area in this together and Camp Pa-Qua-Tuck is going to continue to be a camp for everyone.
#PQTrising. #campforeveryone #CampPQT